Bimbadeen Hills (Bimbadeen means ‘beautiful views’) is a family owned and managed beef farm at Waitpinga on the Fleurieu Peninsula near Victor Harbor.
The farm is run on natural principles and does not use chemical sprays, additives, fertilizers, growth hormones or animal treatments (veterinary prescriptions excluded).
We aim to supply the very best quality and healthiest farm meat at your doorstep.
You can be sure that beef supplied by us to you has the following:
- Our animals are grass fed from birth to leaving the farm (this is accepted as giving the healthiest meat for you and your family)
- Chemical free (no synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, drenches, growth hormones or vaccinations applied on farm).
- Black Angus cattle, naturally conceived on the farm
- Hand delivered to the abattoir for rapid slaughter (minimises stress or rough handling which leads to tougher, dark meat)
- Young animals at their prime (just over a year old with typical weight 400kg to provide easily managed cuts of succulent, tender, juicy meat)
- Dry hung meat for at least 14 days to maximise tenderness
- Preservative and gluten free sausages
- Corned silverside free of nitrates and biocides
Ordering Our Product
Unlike a butcher shop supplying specific cuts or portions, we supply halves or quarters of animals. If this is too much for you, an option is to work with friends or family to share the meat around. Supply is matched to orders and can take anything from a few days to a few weeks.
Our meat is sold based on the whole portion of meat including bones and trim. Heart, liver, kidney, tongue and cheeks are included without extra cost on request. They can be included in sausages and/or mince on request.
You have a variety of choices as to how our meat is prepared and packed for you (see our cut sheet)
A quarter of beef weighs typically from 40kg up to 60kg (allow 40 to 60 litres of freezer space)
We will deliver to the Adelaide metro area or the Fleurieu Peninsula on an agreed day and time free of charge. Pick up options are also available.
Orders need to be made in advance for an agreed date of delivery or pickup.
Order now – we have stock available for pickup / delivery in early March
There are a number of price options depending on your choices of cut and packaging. Remember you pay for the carcass portion, including bones and trim.
First tier pricing is based on bulk packaging. Cuts of meat such as roasts and steaks are cut to size and packed in boxes for repacking by you. Mince meat is bulk packed in a large bag and similarly sausages.
Hindquarter of beef, bulk packed $16.50/kg
IF you choose sausages there is a $1.50/kg surcharge for the sausages only (for example if you order a side and there are 10kg of sausages, add $15).
IF you want to have your meat packed in freezer bags with individual labelling on the bag, add $1.20/kg
IF you want to have your meat packed in vacuum bags with individual labelling on the bag, add $2.00/kg (sausages cannot be vacuum packed)
Note that we will initially charge assuming 60kg dressed weight for a side. Once the actual animal is butchered and the final dressed weight determined, you will be refunded any difference between the assumed 60kg dressed weight and actual dressed weight.